background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Funny story...

RP's Nana is in the hospital, so this morning (after a long and drawn out drama regarding my lost car keys which is another story for another time) we went to visit her. Nana being Nana offered to share her fabulous hospital jello with RP, which happened to be topped with a dollop of whipped cream, which RP absolutely LOVES. Since we had some errands we had to run, and I had a couple of follow-up phone calls to make on some part-time job opportunities, we cut our visit to Nana a bit short and headed off to lunch before running to the grocery store.

At lunch, I ordered quesadilla's, and totally forgot that they come served with guacamole and sour cream, both of which I absolutely despise. RP seemed pretty intent on eating her cheese pizza, but became interested in my lunch when she saw me move the cups of guac and sour cream off my plate and across the table.

"Acky?" she asked me.
"Ummm.... not really, but Mommy doesn't like them, so she put them aside," was my response.
"Me eat! Me eat!" was my little RP's response, pointing at the sour cream.
"Really? Y'know, sour cream doesn't really go well on pizza," I responded, not entirely sure WHY she wanted the sour cream.
"Yeah, ME eat," was the insistent response I received.

At that point I pulled the cup of sour cream back over and put it in front of RP. When she took a huge (and I do mean HUGE) spoonful of the stuff, it dawned on my why she wanted to eat it.

"Honey, I don't think this is what you think it is. This is sour cream, NOT whipped cream," I told her, which apparently fell on the same deaf ears as my follow up statement: "You might want to just put a little on your tongue to taste and see if you like it."

RP proceeded to put the whole spoonful of sour cream in her mouth, and I can only say I wish I had a video camera of the look on her face when she finally tasted what she had done. Her entire face contorted into something I had never seen before, and immediately the sour cream came flying out - all over her, all over the table, and a bit over me - followed by her scream of "ACKY MOMMY!! AAAAAA-CCCCCKKKKK - EEEEEEEE!!!" (Yeah, the business people on their sales luncheons LOVED us at this point).

I can't help it. I laughed - out loud and hard. I tried to warn her but in typical RP style she knew better than I did what she was doing... or so she thought. Is it too much to hope for that she learned a lesson from this today? Yeah, I thought so!

No comments: