background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dreaded Daylight Savings time

Yes, dreaded. Dreaded only in that while I love when the days get longer and the sun is out past 5 p.m., I dread daylight savings time because of the havoc it wreaks on RP's schedule. Last year at this time I had JUST gotten RP on a sleep schedule after two weeks of trying to adjust her from Russian time to CST, only for DST to kick in and knock everything askew for the next two weeks.

This year is a bit different only in that I'm not trying to adjust RP to an 8-9 hour time difference, only one hour. While one hour doesn't seem like a whole lot, to a toddler who goes to bed at 7 p.m. and then proceeds to pull out all the stops in terms of reading, singing, and sometimes just talking to herself for at least an hour every night, one hour is huge.

I bounced all our clocks ahead last night but put RP down at the "old" 7 p.m. (now 8 p.m.) and true to form, she proceeded to babble for an hour and a half, heck, almost two hours. This I blame almost entirely on my idiot next door neighbors who do not understand that I do NOT want to listen to their music in my house, and neither does my toddler whose room is on that side of the house. RP kept asking me what that noise was because they had another of their infamous parties and we could hear their music in our house, starting pretty much around the same time I laid her down for bed. URGH... if I haven't mentioned it before, I HATE my neighbors, which is saying a lot since I really don't believe in hating anyone. Anyhow, RP didn't drift off until after 9 p.m. old time/10 p.m. DST, and was up bright and early for church today. We ran to mass, then headed home for lunch and naps, and I knew RP was tired when she slept for over 2.5 hours, when she has really cut her naps down to about 90 minutes or so. Of course this meant that tonight when it was time for bed she was still wide awake, and I don't think she fell asleep for almost 2 hours after going to bed, which should make for an interesting day tomorrow.

I'm hoping that it doesn't take two weeks to get her back on a normal schedule like it did last year, especially since we are leaving for Disney World in exactly two weeks. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I should even worry about a schedule for right now as it's going to be blown out of the water once we reach Florida. Yikes!

No comments: