background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

**Shudder**

I just finished watching the news report on TV about the suicide bomber in Moscow today and I have to say that I STILL have the chills. The suicide bombing took place at the airport we flew into from St. Petersburg, and flew out of to Zurich. It was just 11 months ago that we flew in and out of that airport and it just makes me sick that someone could do that - kill and wound hundreds of innocent people - and you can't help but think about the fact that on any given day it could have been YOU. Last year we flew into St. Petersburg the week after a terrorist attack took place on the train that ran from St. Petersburg to Moscow (which, I won't lie, is one of MANY reasons that I wanted to fly and not take the train between the two cities), and now this. My agency posted that all EAC families were safe and accounted for, which is comforting to say the least, and for the millionth time I am thankful that my little RP is snuggled up in the next room and that our journey to finding one another is complete. I would be a complete basket case if I had to travel (or was in the process of traveling) during this chaos...

No comments: