background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Updates from home

First, I have to apologize to everyone for NOT being in contact since I've been home. The flight back on Wednesday was quite eventful - our plane was delayed in St. Petersburg for about a half hour due to a family trying to clear customs AND having to de-ice the plane. This put us into Frankfurt late, and we only had an hour between flights which meant that we were cutting it VERY close. You can guess what happened next - yep, we missed our flight (the killer here is that the plane was still at the gate when we got there AND the captain departed early - yep, early. Bastard.), which made me grumpy since I literally had to OJ through the airport to get to the flight in the first place. We made the next flight and were back in Chicago by early afternoon, but my sinus infection was made worse by the air pressure on the plane so I was beyond miserable when we got back. Yesterday saw a LOT of sleeping, then off to the doctor for new drugs which are amazingly enough FINALLY working, and today was spent shopping for essentials and then visiting St. Jude's to officially become a parishioner before I bring RP home (so she can be baptized).

News came today that we leave on the 14th to head back to St. Petersburg, but we don't leave to come home until the 28th. :( NOT happy about spending two whole weeks in Russia, especially since I won't get RP until the 24th - the rest of the time is spent waiting and processing paperwork. Please tell me how there can POSSIBLY be more paperwork?!?!?! I'm truly ready for the process to be over and for my little RP to be home once and for all. Looking at the bright side of things though, after 13 months we finally have an end date in sight AND I have exactly one more week of work to go before I am off for three months - woo hoo!!!

No comments: