background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Seriously? MORE paperwork?

Nope, that's not a typo and I'm not being sarcastic. My mom and I arrived in St. Petersburg today exhausted but excited by the prospect of what is to be. The driver picked us up and told us in broken English that we had to go to the Baby Home to drop off some paperwork. Cool, I thought - we'll get to see RP! Nope - we literally drove from the airport to the orphanage, waited out in the cold for a half hour, then drove to the hotel where the bombshell hit.

Apparently the region my orphanage is in changed its procedures for granting interational passports... TODAY. My coordinator claims no knowledge that this change was going into effect and this may have the potential to delay my gaining custody of RP and heading to Moscow next Wednesday, and finally home. I pointed out that our visas expire on the 28th and we HAVE to leave the county on that day and the coordinator told me she is doing everything she can to make sure that this all goes as planned, but she stops short of promising us that this will be resolved.

What this now means is that instead of heading to the orphanage tomorrow I get to spend the day chasing down notaries and MORE paperwork in order to beat the deadline and hopefully make the officials happy. I honestly don't know what I will do if they try to tell me I have to leave the country without my little RP, so please keep up those awesome thoughts and prayers that have gotten us this far... :(

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It will be okay Teri. I know it. Keeping you and RP in my thoughts and prayers. They know she is going to a good home. This will work out. I know it.

Love you lots!

xo

Unknown said...

This will work out. Think of all the challenges you have had through this process - and you have managed each one. You are well organized, articulate, and you will be able to cut through the red tape! I just know this will be OK! Nobody wants to see you leave without your baby and they will be doing everything they can to help you! Call anytime if there is anything I can do - time zones don't matter!