background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

Best Moment Ever - period.

Yes, that's right - I had the best moment ever today! Mom and I headed over to the orphanage at 9:30 this morning and after RP's initial crying phase (which lasts a shorter and shorter amount of time!) we had a great visit! The best part of the visit wasn't when the music teacher came in and had RP play instruments and dance for us (which I captured part on video and wish that Blogger didn't hate me so much that I could actually POST it!), it wasn't when I set her down and she immediately wanted "up" again, and it wasn't when she snuggled not only with me, but with my Mom today without fuss (yes folks, you read that right!). Nope, the best moment was when we were looking through a little photo album I brought and she pointed to a picture of me and said "Mama!" and looked up at me, so proud of herself! This is the first time we've heard her actually speak, and she wasn't prompted by anyone to name who was in the picture, so I was tickled pink that "Mama" was her first word to me!!! Yep, hanging out in the lobby of the hotel right now on cloud nine, and hoping that the progress we are starting to see continues, even though we won't see her now until next Wednesday.

Five days down, nine more to go - and I can't wait to get back to the good ole USA with my adorable daughter!!! Ahhhh......
Pictures from today:

Playing with the music teacher!

Playing with "Babushka" (aka: Grandma)

Being silly for Mama!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!!! I am so happy for you and your beautiful new family. It's perfect that her first word is Momma! I absolutely loved it. Can't wait to have you back home with Lexie. Safe and UNEVENTFUL travels!