background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nine weeks... and counting

So here we are, working on week ten of the dreaded wait! Nine weeks have come and gone with still no travel dates in sight. I talked to my coordinator last night and she told me, again, that this is typical for St. Petersburg but if I don't hear anything in the next week or two she'll start to stalk the people in the referral department for me to see if we can get a better idea of when I'll travel. Twelve weeks is officially up on November 9 and it would be super-nifty-great to travel before Thanksgiving although I have this gnawing gut feeling that I'll be spending Thanksgiving in Russia with my mom.

On the home front, I heard from the FoF today about the possible domestic adoption situation which I blogged about a long time ago, and there was a truly sad end to that. The girl who was pregnant had her baby a few weeks ago, three full months early, and the baby only survived for two days. I broke down when I read that because the mother was a victim of domestic violence which is why the baby arrived so early. These types of stories make me so MAD because there are a ton of great families out there who would do anything to provide these babies with a loving, nurturing family environment and she didn't deserve to have this happen. I am so thankful that RP's birth mother cared enough about her to place her with the orphanage to try to find a loving home, and this makes me more anxious than ever to bring her home and shower her with the love and affection that she so desperately needs and deserves.

Sorry for such a downer post today - hopefully there will be good news to write about sometime soon. Until then, please keep RP in your prayers and hopefully, before we know it, she'll be home and getting to know each and every one of you!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the FoF's daughter. I hope that she is getting counseling to help her cope with the loss of a child.

I meant to call you yesterday because I had a feeling you were going to tell me you had travel dates. Maybe my feeling was premature - but I feel it coming. Soon enough you will have those dates and will be traveling to meet your little girl. I can't wait for you. And of course, it will be great for you (and us) to have more pictures of your little girl.

Thinking about you daily. You and RP are in my prayers.

xo

Unknown said...

I hope someone prosecutes the person who is responsible for the abuse.