background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Up and left my baby today

No, not in the way you might be thinking. Today I left RP for the first time in almost four weeks. I ran a quick errand and my parents were gracious enough to watch her so I didn't have to lug her BACK to Target for the second time today.

I didn't realize until I was driving home that this is the first time in almost four weeks that I have left my baby and done something without her since I picked her up at the orphanage (with the exception of the 45 minutes she stayed in the hotel room with my Mom while I finished up some last minute Embassy paperwork with my coordinator in Moscow). Since we left Moscow my little RP has been within earshot 24/7 and going out without her this afternoon was both refreshing and weird at the same time. It was nice not to have to crawl into the back seat and try to wiggle her out of her car seat, then deal with her "squirmy-wormies" in the cart, and her new obsession to touch EVERYTHING she sees, even after Mommy tells her "No..." several times. That being said, it was weird because she is a part of me now, and I missed those big brown eyes that now sparkle when she KNOWS she's about to do something naughty, and that big, crooked grin of hers.

This Thursday I have to leave her for a few hours while I attend her baptismal class, and today's brief jaunt was a test run, for her and for me. When I got home I expected to hear screaming, crying, and have to snuggle and dry the tears, but she was happily playing Strawberry Shortcake with Grandma and Papa (wish I had a picture of THAT - thanks Dad!) and apparently had been a complete angel while I was gone. The only tears that came occurred when I returned home and she realized I was there - THEN she started to cry, ran to me, and threw her arms around me in a gigantic hug, which helped my slightly bruised ego a bit.

Hopefully this means that Thursday will be successful and non-stressful - for both RP and her grandparents!!! :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Awwww. It is so hard to leave the first time. And the second. And the third. But it gets better. And when RP comes running to you...perfect. Hope all is well. Miss you tons.

xo