background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

RP's bad day

My poor little baby had such a bad day today! First she started off the day grumpy due to waking up several times in the night because of her cold. I made an appointment to go back to the doctor and we struggled through the morning as she was so miserable she couldn't be happy no matter WHAT she was doing - if she was sitting she wanted to be held, if I was holding her she wanted down, if she was in the kitchen she wanted to be upstairs, and well, you get the idea...

We headed to the doctor's appointment early because I had to drop off paperwork for her baptismal class that I am attending on Thursday, so since we had time to kill I let her play in the playground at the church. She seemed to enjoy running around the open areas and swinging on the swings with me (no toddler swings), but didn't enjoy the belly flop she did to the ground while running around ahead of me. No biggie - dusted her off and chose to ignore the grass stains on the pants of what WAS my favorite outfit of hers...

We get to the doctor and get good news - her head circumference is now .5" bigger than it was last time, she has grown an INCH (woo-hoo!), and has gained several ounces (not quite a pound, but we're working on it!)! THEN I find out she has to have several vaccinations AND go at the end of the week for blood work - youch! She was NOT happy to have received four vaccinations (two in each thigh) AND get a TB test (needle in the forearm) but all was forgiven when the nurse brought her a sucker (although I was worried she would never return from the shade of purple she turned during shot number four - she put the chick from "Willie Wonka" to shame!).

We had to run to the store where she was remarkably giddy, laughing and playing in the cart - playing which included rocking back and forth and smacking her head into Mommy's arms, during which time I warned her it was really going to hurt if she missed when WHAM! - she slammed her mouth into the handle of the cart because I had moved my hands to grab something off a shelf. Luckily no broken teeth and no blood, and several kisses from Mommy seemed to be just the remedy for this most recent run of bad luck of the day.

When we got home RP was bound and determined to play outside with the puppies, so we headed out into the backyard to enjoy some nice weather and fresh air. RP then decided that she wanted to walk out front, so we went through the fence gate and started a nice stroll down the block when RP got the idea to run away from Mommy (luckily for me she can't run very fast yet AND she stayed on the sidewalk), which lasted all of about 5 steps when she tripped over her own feet and took a header into the sidewalk. My beautiful baby now has scratches all over her nose and cheek AND a huge lump on her noggin. Snuggles from Mommy and a few M&M's later and she seemed good as new, albeit banged up.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day and she starts to feel better - she is sleeping peacefully now and I KNEW it was a bad day when she went to bed tonight without so much as a whimper and was asleep before I even left the room. Ahhh.... now to hoping that this doesn't mean she's up and at 'em at 6 a.m. tomorrow!!! :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

The shots always wear them out. Sorry RP had a rough day, but glad to see that a little loving from you is all it takes to make everything better.

Miss you!

xo