background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Three weeks home

Yes, we have officially been home for three weeks now and while we have a long way to go, the transformation in my little RP has been amazing. She smiles more, giggles (which I heard only once while we were in Russia!) all the time, and is becoming more comfortable in her own home. I have figured out that when introducing her to new people it's best to let her come to them - if they fawn all over here and make a big deal about her she retreats and only wants to suck her thumb and hide her head in my shoulder whereas if they say "hello" and engage her occasionally she will be more open (aka curious) about them, and more comfortable overall.

While this makes perfect sense to me, it is so hard for those who have waited, hoped, and prayed with me to bring her home - they want to cuddle and kiss her and show her all the affection she missed for those first 22 months of her life - it's only natural. She is still very clingy and needy with "Mama" but it seems to be getting better, and hopefully will only continue to do so.

In the interim we have continued to venture out places like the bank, grocery store, McDonald's, and today - church. She was FANTASTIC in church, thanks in large part to the great deal of people-watching that church offers as well as the stash of multi-colored marshmallows that Grandma smuggled in (and were gone before the first reading even took place!).

Still don't have my taxes done, haven't started on a presentation that is due on Friday, the house is mess, and the laundry needs to be done, but if my little RP is making progress with me, my friends, and family, the rest of that can wait!!! It's amazing how quickly, and concretely, your priorities can change.....

No comments: