background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Three weeks ago today...

... was our Gotcha Day! I can't believe it's been three weeks already, OR that's it's only been three weeks. RP is doing pretty well, although she is having a rough time adjusting to Daylight Savings time, which had impeccable timing since I had JUST gotten her onto a schedule, only for it to be thrown completely out of whack.

We've done a LOT in these three weeks - we've travelled across the ocean to her new home, she has met two puppies and a cat who share our home with us, started bonding with Grandma and Papa, met an aunt, uncle, and four cousins, and been on several trips to the store - all without major incident (knock on wood!).

The temper tantrums had seemed to subside but are back in full force since she is overtired and stubbornly refuses to go to sleep, but I'm hopeful that this too shall pass and we'll become more adjusted in the next few weeks.

Technically I am supposed to head back to work in April, but the closer that gets, the less likely that date becomes. I still need to get RP acclimated to me and to her grandparents (who will be watching her sometimes while I am at work), find daycare for her, and plan for her second birthday AND her christening. While there are days (or more so times of the day) that I can't wait go back to work, I also know that I will someday long for this time and as such am trying to cherish every minute of it.

Wonder if I can just win the Mega Millions and never have to worry about heading back to work again???

No comments: