background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Home four weeks (and other random updates)

I can hardly believe it, but RP and I have been home for FOUR WEEKS as of last Saturday. Wow. My head is still spinning with all that has transpired in 2010 and we aren't even through the first quarter yet! It is amazing to me that RP has been here for four weeks already (and in my "custody" for five weeks as of tomorrow!), but at the same time it seems like she has been in my life forever - perhaps because that is truly how long I believe she has been in my heart. :)

I have had to leave RP with my parents on two additional occasions since my last post - last Thursday for the baptismal class and then again yesterday so I could go to the office for a few hours (and no, I didn't quit my job - much as I would like to and stay home with my little one full-time!). Thursday broke my heart because it was truly the first time I've had to say "bye-bye" to her and watch her become just devastated at the thought of Mommy leaving her, but Monday was worse because she screamed so hard her head turned purple (true story - NOT even exaggerating on this one!) and was so clearly distraught that I wasn't sure I'd be able to go. Long stories short are that she survived, and I survived, so all is well at the moment.

Sunday will be RP's first Easter and the Easter Bunny (from what I understand anyway!) has gone just a little crazy in helping her celebrate it - yikes!!! Couple that with a trip to the outlet mall tomorrow and her birthday and christening coming up VERY soon and I am pretty sure that I will soon need a new, larger house just to contain all her stuff!!!

It's all still pretty chaotic around here right now, but I have to admit - I'm loving' it...

No comments: