background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

One week waiting...

Yes, we are back to the waiting game. Today marks one week that I've been back in the US, without my little RP. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an early court date and am hoping to hear something soon about how long the wait truly may be. I've been trying to keep busy with shopping for RP (as well as the holidays - whoops! almost forgot about that little task!), who now has a growing wardrobe in her room, just waiting to be washed and broken in by her!

The car seat has also arrived and now I am fretting about how it is going to fit in the car. Hmmm... maybe a convertible with a small child isn't such a great idea, but it's just going to have to do for now, and at some point soon I am going to need to order the stroller and toy box I have picked out, and make a decision as to whether or not I need to get a changing table (she is potty trained right now, but everything I have heard and read says that she most likely will regress when she leaves the orphanage).

I keep wondering what she is doing, what she is thinking, and what it will be like to go back. It is definitely going to take baby steps to get her to open up, relax, and trust me, and the agency has said to start small and make sure to keep her external stimulations small at first since she is obviously overwhelmed by a lot of new things and new people at once. I'm just ready to move on and move forward - the wait has already gone on too long and she deserves to be home with her family - hopefully it won't be much longer now. :)

No comments: