background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More of "The Waiting Game"

That's right - nothing new to post here... again. The only saving grace to this is the fact that I still do not have my super-secret FBI fingerprint clearance back, and when I called last week to find out why (since I was told 3-4 weeks and it had been 4 weeks) I talked to a very friendly customer service rep at the FBI (that's right - the FBI has a Customer Service Department - who knew? I think I just found my next job!) who told me that the process actually takes 8-10 weeks, and that while they try to do them more quickly for adoptions, there was no guarantee. He confirmed that my request was "in process" but couldn't give me any more information than that. As I have said to many of you, after all this I should have higher security clearances than Obama - wow!!

I miss my little RP something fierce and now that her room is ready, clothes are bought and in the closet, stroller and car seat are ready to go, and toy box is assembled, I have run out of things to keep me busy and am going stir crazy right about now. I am hoping and praying that she is warm, safe, and happy, and that she has a great holiday at the orphanage, while also keeping my fingers crossed that once the Russian holidays are over I get a swift court date and am able to bring my little RP home sometime in February!!!

No comments: