background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nothing new to post... :(

Sadly I don't have anything new and exciting to post - we're still in a holding patter and this week it will be THREE WEEKS since I've left Russia for home and THREE WEEKS waiting for a court date. The wait is hard but with the holidays rapidly approaching I've been busy enough that it isn't something I have time to dwell on.

I've been busy buying RP clothes for the trip home and find myself geared toward pink, soft, and snuggly outfits. While she is 20 months old, her size and her weight have me buying her clothes in the 6-9 month size range - yes, she is that tiny! My hope is that once she comes home she'll start to catch up with others her age and that she'll grow out of these teeny-tiny clothes in no time!

I've also put the finishing touches (well, almost finished anyway!) on her nursery by finally getting the crib together, and adding the cutest Disney Princess bench/toy box to her room. No, it doesn't necessarily go with the "zoo animals" theme but Cinderella's dress is blue, so it ties in nicely with the blue in the room (yeppers - I am working hard to justify it - I know!). I also have her car seat ready to go in the car (you guessed it - it's pink!) and I spent one night last week putting her stroller together (everyone will see us coming in this - it's bright pink and orange!!! No lie - and while it sounds hideous it's actually quite cute, and now the Winnie the Pooh umbrella stroller will be going over to my parents' where I'm sure it will get a TON of use!). All this on top of trying to get gifts for the family and planning out the holiday.

I'm wishing my little RP a Merry Christmas from afar, sad that I won't be able to celebrate with her this year, but comforted by the fact that this will be her last Christmas alone - next year we'll be a family... and I can't wait!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I don't say it often enough, but I love y'all!!! :)

No comments: