background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Morning visit with RP

Up and at 'em early again today to get ready to go and make our "official" visit to RP! The coordinator picked us up at 9:20ish and we got to the orphanage right as the kids were getting ready to go outside. RP was the last, and by far the tiniest, child out the door today, and while she looked at us with a hint of familiarity, when she realized she was going out with us and not the other kids in her group she started to cry again. The crying turned to screaming again, and this went on for about 5 minutes until we figured out that she wanted to walk around, and to my complete pleasure she took my hand and let me walk her around parts of the playground. She stopped crying, let me put her mittens on, and even looked me in the eye a few times without crying, and we got a few really good pictures which I haven't uploaded yet, and will have to follow (on a separate, but related note, due to technical difficulties we now have to use the WiFi in the lobby as the internet service in the room is broken). She played with the bear and the doll I brought her, hugging them, then throwing them on the ground.

I thought we were making progress when she even walked with us inside, with only one other little meltdown on the playground, and she even let me take off her hat, mittens, snowsuit, and boots AND let me put on her shoes. However, once her outside things were put away and she realized that we were all in the same room with her and she wasn't going back with the other kids, she started screaming again - to varying degrees, and then launched into a full-fledged tantrum, complete with kicking and throwing her head back (once so hard that she knocked herself over). They keep telling me that this is natural, and a good thing, but it breaks my heart to see her so upset, especially after I thought we were making progress when we were outside. We are supposed to go back this afternoon, meet with the doctor, and visit with her again, so we'll see what happens.

Please keep those positive thoughts and prayer coming - it is disheartening to see someone you love so upset, particularly when it is coupled with sleep deprivation (I just can't seem to adjust to the time difference) and a full-fledged cold/sinus infection which manifested itself yesterday - of course. Sending lots of love to everyone back in the States, and I appreciate everyone's positive comments and love shown through the blog and e-mail - it truly means the world to me. :)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

It is good that she is attached to her caretakers and other children in her group. She has formed strong bonds and is cautious when meeting new people. Sounds like a perfect little RP to me. :) She will get better with each visit.

Hope you feel better soon!

xo

Unknown said...

Well, I think you just described one of my temper tantrums!lol Yay! She is normal, she is suppose to test everyones hearing. I like her allready! She definitely knows how to express her opinion,hmmmm sounds like a match made in heaven to me!lol I can't wait to meet her and her lungs!
Love ya guys!

Unknown said...

Believe you me - that won't be the last temper tantrum you see. I think I threw one this morning. As you keep showing her love and support she will melt (and not down).