background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

So much for sympathy!

Today I took RP with me when I ran to the doctor's office to get some blood drawn. Before we left I explained to her that Mommy had to go to the doctor and get a shot, and she would have to be patient in the room with me while it was happening. She was fine with this, and when we got to the doctor's office she was more than curious about everything going on in there - so much so that the phlebotomist was practically a pretzel moving around her! After three sticks - one in the hand and two in the arm, they were finally able to get the blood they needed, and RP was fascinated with the blood going in the tube, and the fact that Mommy had a "boo-boo" that was bleeding and required a non-Mickey Mouse band-aid.

When we got outside, I asked RP why Mommy didn't get a sucker after getting her shot. I was kidding of course, but RP looked at me very seriously and replied, "Because you weren't a good girl Mommy." I laughed out loud and asked WHY I wasn't a good girl in there, to which she replied, "You need to use your listening ears Mommy. Lissss-tennnn..."

While at least I now know that she HEARS everything I say to her, it would be nice if she would implement some of her own "advice" every once in a while! That being said, I'm off to find a little Dum-Dum sucker downstairs - I think I've earned it today!!!

No comments: