background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, August 29, 2011

A LOT of new updates!

I have been woefully remiss in updating my blog lately, and I really have no excuse. This summer has flown by, and I'm happy to report that of mid-September I will be gainfully employed again. Okay, so I somewhat lie about being "happy" to report that. I am THRILLED that I will be going back to work, and in a role I am truly passionate about. That being said, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I have enjoyed spending inordinate amounts of time with RP over these past nine months, and I am going to miss those moments as we settle back into a routine of daycare drop-offs, late night dinners and baths, and making the most of our 48-hour weekends. She has blossomed so much over these last several months, and while it hasn't been easy to juggle finances while being unemployed, I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with her and am looking forward to launching head-first into my new career with a renewed passion and energy. Let's just hope I feel that way come the first day of work when I'm blearily trying to get myself and RP out of bed and into the car as the sun is rising!

August has been a very busy month for RP and I. She finished up her first session of gymnastics and is already heading into week two of her second session. We went on an overnight trip to Key Lime Cove (an indoor water park/hotel outside of Chicago) with Nana and Papa and had a BLAST! We've had play dates with old and new friends alike, played at the park, and make friends with Nana's new baby kitten "Mick." While the weather didn't always cooperate, we had a fantastic summer, and one I won't soon forget.

RP has now officially been home for over 18 months. Other than a slight cold, and what appears to be a minor allergy to strawberries, she is completely healthy and over-the-top giddy/silly/happy. Her laugh fills the room, and her smile is infectious. When she gets mad, she gets REALLY mad, as was evidenced by a recent trip to Target which ended in her screaming bloody murder all through the store because she didn't end up getting a toy that she wanted (apparently one that she REALLY REALLY wanted). She is everything I could have dreamed in a daughter... and more.


I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff, and I KNOW there were a lot of funny stories that I meant to write, but never got around to. I'll try to go back and fill those in over the next week or so, and promise to work on keeping this more up-to-date moving forward!

No comments: