background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hangin' with RP

Not too much new is going on here, sad, but true. I have now been unemployed - well, unemployed from a job outside of the home anyway - for almost five months now. I have to say time has flown, yet working downtown seems like such a distant memory at the same time. I will say that being a SAHM with RP has proven to me that being a Mom IS a full-time job, and it only gets busier as they get older.


This past weekend RP and I went to visit her godparents who live about two hours away. I have to say that RP does a reallygood job on road trips in the car so far, even when I don't hook up a DVD player to keep her in a "Curious George" coma while driving. We had a fantastic visit and RP got to feed the ducks/geese on the Mississippi, although it was AFTER they were fed that we adults, who had been too busy jabbering on the way there to notice anything but the water and the bike/walking path, saw the "Please do NOT feed the water fowl" sign. Whoops. Yes - the three of us led RP into breaking her first law. Great.



We then headed for lunch at Olive Garden (RP's first time there, which means I haven't been there in over a year - wow!), then on to "Jungle Bungle" for some time running around like a crazy person in there, which is exactly what RP did (and came out one sock short, just to prove the point!)! RP obviously had a good time because the next day she was REALLY mad that "Uncle Cake" and "Aunt Teesa" couldn't play again, or why we couldn't just zip back to their house for a play date, and I, of course, totally wish we could since RP's godmother and I have been best friends for over 30 years now.

After a great weekend, RP and I settled back into our normal weekly routine, and while she was at pre-school on Wednesday I signed her up for a gymnastics class which is set to start on June 6 and I can't wait. I'm not sure she understands what she is in for, but I think she's going to love it, especially since she has been somersaulting on her own for about seven months now and loves to jump, jump, jump - and if she can jump off something high, all the better. I made the crazy mistake of asking the woman at the gym what all they learned in the three-year old class (figuring it was learning to walk on the balance beam, dive into the foam pit, etc.) and was a bit shocked when she replied, "Oh, all the basics. Forward and backward rolls, cartwheels, hand stands - you know, the basics." At three? Really? Holy cow! Additionally she told me they start learning not only the balance beam, but also bar work on a miniature set of bars. Wow. As excited as I am for her, I am going to be a nervous wreck every week, praying that she doesn't break an arm, or her neck.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very busy summer for us, even if I still remain unemployed during it. I'm waiting to hear back from a local college on how many credit hours it would take for me to complete my teaching degree, since the last program I was enrolled in was cancelled for the fall, and still actively looking for employment while working a part-time job and having a three-year old enrolled in pre-school one day a week and now gymnastics one day a week. If it sounds like I'm whining or complaining, I'm not - I'm actually really looking forward to it all. If anything, this unemployment time has allowed me to spend some serious quality time with my beautiful daughter, and because of that I'm cherishing every moment, and every experience, with her that I can, as I know that very soon that will all change.

No comments: