background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter, Part Two

Yes, that's right - we celebrated Easter, Part 2 today. My brother and his family came down today and we had a combination Easter/Mother's Day celebration which was really nice, although it would have been nice if the weather had been a bit more cooperative this afternoon as it was really windy and downright nippy!

RP loves spending time with her cousins, and it sometimes makes me really sad to watch her play with other kids because while they all have each other to play with at home (and yes, fight with - been there, done that with a sibling!) her playmates are pretty much me and the puppies here at home. No, no, no - this doesn't mean I'm thinking of doing the process all over again. I won't lie - I've thought about it. A lot. I love kids and growing up with a sibling was great (just don't tell my brother I said that!) and it would be wonderful to give RP that same opportunity, but right now I just can't. I'm smart enough to know that looking into going through another adoption right now is not feasible, what with being unemployed and all, and there are times when I was working full-time that I felt bad that the daycare people and RP's grandparents spent more time with her during the week than I did. Adding another child to the mix would split what time there was between two, and I don't want to end up feeling guilty that I don't get to spend enough time with either of them.

That being said, RP had a great time with her cousins today despite the fact that she didn't take a nap and had her moments today. It was so cute to watch them all playing together, even when playing turned to disagreeing. All in all - what a great day!!!

No comments: