background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How many costumes does one child need?

So, I believe I have mentioned before that I am NOT a big fan of Halloween. I have always hated Halloween, probably stemming from being painfully shy throughout my childhood (imagine that!) as well as having to trick-or-treat for both my brother and I when he was very young (somehow he always managed to get deathly ill for major holidays - especially Halloween!). That being said, I am trying very hard NOT to cloud RP's experience with the fact that I could do without Halloween altogether and not feel like I'm missing anything.

As such, we have had RP's Halloween costume in her closet for almost a month now - a "Disney Parks Exclusive" Snow White costume, compete with official Snow White hair bow headband and sparkly red shoes. I completely forgot about the fact that she would probably have a Halloween party at school, and since she attends on Mondays and Fridays, this will be an event she will participate in.

As much as I love her school I am not about to send her "real" Halloween costume to school with her for her school party/costume parade. As tiny as she is it took me forever to find a Snow White costume that would fit her, and I've seen her clothes after being at school all day - not pretty! Since I had to leave work early yesterday for a doctor's appointment, I swung by Walgreens to check out their costume selections and lo and behold ended up buying her the cutest little busy bee costume. It is technically a baby costume, but it fits her perfectly and will hopefully hold up to the rigors of daycare.

So, for someone who hates Halloween, I have now purchased TWO Halloween costumes for one child. Ahhh... the joys of motherhood! :)

RP's "Busy Bee" Costume for school



"Mirror, Mirror, on the wall... Who is the fairest of them all?"

No comments: