background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

One year ago...

As we prepare for Thanksgiving (which I can't believe is less than a week away!) I can't help but to remember Thanksgiving time last year. We left the Saturday after Thanksgiving to trek to Russia for the first of three trips, and to meet the little girl who was destined to be my daughter. I still remember the anxiety and anticipation as I packed the suitcases again... and again... and again - and tried to hold tight to what little was left of my sanity as I waited on pins and needles for the oh-so important travel visas to arrive.

Fast forward a year and I can't remember my life without my little RP. She has blossomed into a charming, silly, chatty little girl - far from the sullen, anxious, and tearful little munchkin that I met on that very first day. While the process was long and hard, I don't regret a single moment of it and truly know that it was my labor of love.

I had so much to be thankful for last year, and it doesn't seem possible that I could possibly be MORE thankful this year... but I am. I truly have the best friends and family on the planet, and in less than a week I'll be celebrating RP's first of many Thanksgivings with her, family, and friends... and despite having been sick with pneumonia for the last two weeks, despite RP having just gotten over a nasty sinus infection, and despite a rash of sad/bad news overall this last week... I truly feel blessed.

No comments: