background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, August 20, 2010

One week from today...

Exactly one week from today is the six-month anniversary of the day RP and I arrived in the USA from Russia. On one hand these past six months have seemed to fly by, but on the other it seems like so very long ago that I stepped foot on US soil for the first time in two weeks, exhausted from 18-hours of travel time with a cranky and scared 22-month old. I can still remember that day vividly and how antsy I was just to get off the plane, eat "American" food, and sleep in my own bed - not to mention how I couldn't wait for RP's "Papa" to finally meet his granddaughter. I was also terrified that RP would never fully attach to me, that she would scream, cry, and HATE life in the US, and that we would never be able to fall into a comfortable routine for both of us.

Six months later I can't image my life without my RP and I marvel every day at how far she has come. Does she still throw tantrums? Yep - especially when she doesn't get her way, or when she is overly tired. Do I have concerns about her and her attachment to me? Yes and no - yes, I have concerns, but nothing that "ordinary" moms wouldn't have for their children; no about attachment - some days are obviously better than others, but it would appear that she is a normally attached, healthy, strong-willed child who is thriving in her new life.

I look forward to our next six months and all the wonder, excitement, and yes, even challenges, they will bring. I can't imagine my life without my little RP and can't honestly put into words how much I love being her Mommy - I can't imagine a better feeling in the world, and wouldn't trade it for the world!!

No comments: