background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The difference a year can make

Every once in a while I like to go back and re-read my posts from last year. It is odd that the wait and hope and anxiety from last year can feel so fresh in my mind, yet seem like a lifetime ago. It's ironic that last year I had posts from the day before today and the day after, and both make me chuckle.



A year ago I was anxiously waiting for my referral. My file had only gone to Russia a few days before and I was dying for some type of news on when I could expect to receive my referral, and I was convinced that I would become a mommy to a beautiful little Russian prince. A year ago tomorrow I received the best news of my life - I had been matched with a beautiful 16-month old little princess who would soon become my daughter. Even though she looks scared, confused, and even angry in those referral photos (in one photo you can even tell she had been crying) she melted my heart right away and I KNEW I was meant to be her Mommy.



The following six months were no easier - they were fraught with anxiety and frustration in having to spend more time waiting - waiting to be invited to see her, waiting for our court date, then waiting to finally bring her home. It's hard to believe that all of this only took place a year ago, and that she has only been home with me for 5 1/2 months now. In my heart she has been around forever, and I am so thankful and so happy that our story has a happy ending and that she is now, and forever will be, my little Russian princess!


This is the first photo I ever saw of little RP, and I one I stared at for MONTHS before I actually was able to go over and see her in person...

The most recent photo of RP, taken just this past weekend. Not to be TOO cliche', but it truly is amazing what a difference a year can make!

No comments: