background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

RP-ism's...

Lately many people have referred to my child as a "character," and I have to say that I tend to agree. She is so silly and quite the sponge when it comes to everything, so I thought I would share her latest words of wisdom:



  • A few nights ago I had the news on, and they flashed a picture of Casey Anthony on the screen. RP looks at me and said, "Mommy, she a mean yady." My response, "Yes RP, she is a mean lady who did some very bad things." RP then looked at me and replied, "She need go to jail Mommy. She BAD." Now, I'm not sure how RP knew ANY of this, but if a three-year old can see this, why couldn't the jury???

  • Getting into the car the other day for gymnastics RP knocked over her Minnie Mouse doll that she had been playing with earlier and left in the car. Without batting an eye she cries, "OH CRAPPPPP!!!" and looks at me with utter disgust that she has to retrieve the doll from under the seat. Yeah, I'll take the blame for that one.

  • Yesterday I laid RP down for her nap and headed downstairs to read my new book from the library while she napped. I heard faint moaning from her room a few minutes later, which got louder and louder over the next 90 seconds. The moans then turned into faint little cries of, "Mommy... Mommy..." Before I could respond RP jumps off her bed (I could hear the "thump"), runs into the loft, and peers down at me in the family room. When I ask her why she isn't taking her nap she responds with, "Because I broke me leg Mommy. Can you fix it?" I laughed to myself, put my book down, and met her at the top of the stairs. When I asked her WHICH leg was broken, she had to think for a minute before pointing down at one leg and smiling at me. I ended up having to kiss BOTH shins and knees before they were "fixed" and she could return to bed. Can we say "drama queen?"

  • Today while waiting for Papa to pick her up for a day with Nana and Papa RP was driving her pink car around the living room and kitchen. She became agitated with "traffic" and started slamming on the horn of the car, screaming, "OUTTA MY WAY PEOPLE. OUTTA. MY. WAYYYYY!!!" Guess Mommy needs to work on her road-rage coping skills.

I'm sure there are other "gems" that I have forgotten to share, but you get the idea. I hope she never loses her zest for life, her ability to laugh and have a good time, and her uncanny ability to remember everything and learn new things very quickly. That being said, I really hope she decides NOT to share any of these gems with the kids at school... or her teachers!!

No comments: