background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Disney Adventure comes to an end

After a long, fun-filled week, our Disney adventure finally came to an end. We had to get up at 5:15 a.m. on Saturday to check out and head to the airport for our flight, and it was sad to see the vacation end already. Why is it that just when you are starting to truly relax and enjoy, the vacation is suddenly over? Around 4:30 a.m. I felt a little tugging at my blankets and blearily opened my eyes to see RP standing next to my bed, her pillow, stuffed Goofy, and Duffy the bear in hand. She wanted to climb up and snuggle, and I welcomed her, not really knowing what prompted this. I wear earplugs when I travel to drown out the noise, and what I didn't know what that RP was awakened by her Nana, who was in the middle of an awful asthma attack. When I finally took the earplugs out and heard what was going on, I was alarmed and wanted to call the paramedics, but "Nana" wanted no part of heading to the hospital, and tried valiantly to get ready to leave. Unfortunately, Nana was too sick to travel and we ended up leaving Nana and Papa back at the resort. We headed off to the airport without further drama, but everyone was shocked at how the vacation ended, and that we were heading home with two less than we arrived with. RP was a trooper again through the airport, and slept all but 30 minutes of the flight, falling asleep before the wheels even left the ground. Next time we travel I am definitely bringing in-flight entertainment for myself, because I was bored out of my mind on both flights, not bringing anything for me because I figured I would be too busy trying to keep RP entertained and quiet! Landing is always bittersweet, because while I am thankful that we have arrived back home, this is truly when it sets in that vacation is over, and we are headed back to reality. We picked up our bags, and headed off to the limo, which was waiting for us when we arrived, and home we went. I should note here that Nana and Papa arrived home on Monday after a couple of days resting in the resort in Florida. RP and I picked them up at the airport, and she was SO excited that they were finally back home, as she truly didn't understand everything that had transpired. So now, back to reality. Ugh.

No comments: