background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 4 of our Disney Adventure: Animal Kingdom

After a long day at the Magic Kingdom, we decided to take it easy and allow everyone to sleep in on Thursday. We had a special "Grand Gathering" dinner and safari at Animal Kingdom planned for that day, but it wasn't until later in the afternoon so it was nice to be able to sleep a bit longer and recharge after a really long day. Imagine my surprise to wake up on Thursday to thunder, lightening, and LOTS of wind gusts. Lucky us got to experience "severe weather" in central Florida as we were under a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch (turned warning, turned watch again). We sat in the room for a few hours watching the weather reports on the news, when my brother called to say that they were going to chance it and head over to Animal Kingdom. Not being as brave (and, quite honestly, still feeling a bit lazy) we waited a bit and headed over there at lunch time. To say that we were SOAKED by the time we got to the bus would be an understatement. The torrential rain never let up and we were all soaking wet before we even got on the bus, and didn't dry off much before we got to the park.


Needless to say there weren't many people at the park so we waltzed right in and headed for somewhere indoors to enjoy lunch and plan out what we wanted to do. After lunch, we headed over to check out "It's Tough to be a Bug" which was playing in the Tree of Life. I was a bit concerned that RP would be scared as it's a 3D bug presentation, complete with interactive parts such as being sprayed with water and getting "stung" by a bug. It turns out I didn't have to worry at all - she LOVED it and kept trying to catch the 3D bugs the entire time. She was grinning ear-to-ear when we left and kept chatting about the "buggies" she saw on the screen and how she couldn't catch the butterfly that was right in front of her. After the "Bug" show we headed over to catch "Lion King," which was one of my personal favorites from my visit in 2009. Again, RP loved the show and sang and clapped throughout.

I should have mentioned that I am a bad mom. I dressed RP in a sundress and bloomers for the day, thinking it would be warmer out than what it was, and I couldn't have been farther from the truth. Luckily I had also put a sweatshirt and raincoat on her, but by the time we got to the "Lion King" she was soaked to the bone and shivering. I had stopped earlier to buy her some pants, but I could only find one pants outfit in the entire park, and it was a pair of boy's "Cars" pajamas. I bought them anyway and asked the clerk to take the tags off so I could slip them on under RP's dress, but being the idiot I am, I left the pants on the counter and took the rest of the outfit with me. Luckily the "Lion King" show wasn't too far from the gift shop, so we headed back there after the show, retrieved the pants, and I slipped off to the Baby Care Center to change RP. Let me tell you, she was quite the sight - purple and white dress, white sweatshirt, blue and red striped pants, and bright pink raincoat. Yes, they could certainly see us coming! The best part was that the store staff was SO nice and fashioned a plastic cover for my bag to keep it from getting any wetter, and they slipped RP into a plastic shopping bag to keep her newly covered legs from getting wet and cold - you could certainly tell they had done this before!

We finally met up with my brother and his family for the safari and traditional African dinner. The safari was great and we got to see a lot of the animals really close up which was awesome. What wasn't awesome was that RP kept poking me and telling me that her tummy hurt, which I chalked up to her being hungry after not eating breakfast and only poking at her lunch. I should have paid better attention to this (and remembered the puking incident with my nephew from the day before) because we no sooner sat down at the table for dinner when she leaned over, told me LOUDLY that her tummy hurt, and suddenly made a horrible face, complete with gagging sounds. Next thing I knew she puked all over herself and all over me! We ran to the bathroom and I cleaned her and I off as good as I could, then spent dinner time snuggling with her against my chest, any desire to eat that I had completely gone. Getting sick must have made her tummy feel better because by the time Timon and Rafiki made their appearance at the dinner RP was ready to get up and dance! She ran out on the dance floor with her cousins and completely let loose when the music started, running around like a crazy person and dancing BETWEEN the characters, instead of behind them like she was supposed to (and like all the other kids were).

We ended the evening without further incident, and by the time we headed back to the bus the rain had stopped (what timing, eh?). We all slept great that night, and geared up for our final day at Disney.

No comments: