background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

The April festivities are over!

It seems as if it has been FOREVER since RP's third birthday, when in actuality it has only been about a week and a half! The house is still in semi-disarray, although we are slowly making strides to bring things back to normal.


A LOT has happened in the last week and a half. I turned the big 4-0 (ugh - it's almost as painful to write as it is to SAY!) 6 days after RP turned three, and unlike her birthday it was a really low-key event. My day was actually spent taking RP to the doctor where she had to have not one but TWO vaccinations (still trying to catch her up from her adoption - good news is that one more shot to go in October and she's done until kindergarten!), which clearly was not a fun way to start our day, then we went to Nana and Papa's house to color Easter eggs. THAT actually was fun, although RP got bored with about 10 minutes of egg coloring left to go, and I left the house with a huge blue dye stain on my face that I was afraid would never come out (luckily it did!)! That night RP and I got dressed up and went to dinner with Nana and Papa to our favorite steak house in town which was yummy beyond words! No big parties, no embarrassing signs in the front yard, etc. - and I was happy!


The Easter Bunny came to the house bright and early on Sunday morning, and RP was less than thrilled that I woke her up at 7:45 a.m. to check out her basket, let alone get ready for church. It wasn't until she saw the basket, the toys, and the partially hidden eggs that she got excited, and then she became a whirlwind of activity. I was going to postpone the Easter egg hunt until after mass, but RP found about 1/3 of them before I could even open my mouth. She loved her basket and all the toys, and was thrilled to discover that her eggs contained M&M's and jelly beans, and a few even held money which she promptly deposited in her new piggy bank! Nana and Papa came over in the afternoon for a big lunch/early dinner and Papa helped me finish putting together RP's new trampoline which she has been dying to try! My brother and his family couldn't come down this year for Easter, so we'll be holding our big family Easter this coming Sunday, then we are done with celebrations for a while, and I'm not sure how RP is going to react to having to wait until Christmas now for a chance to rip open presents, but my checkbook is definitely thankful for the break!


I honestly can't believe that April is almost over and it will be May in less than a week. It certainly is true that the older you get, the more time flies, and I'm kind of hoping for it to slow down a bit so I can soak up everything and enjoy the moment without worrying about what is going on next.

No comments: