background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

First Fourth of July!

I can hardly believe that is is already July 1st - where has the time gone? We are gearing up for RP's first fourth of July, and it's looking like it's going to be a pretty low-key celebration. All the crazies in my neighborhood come out and party like there's no tomorrow (literally - it drives me beyond crazy!) so we'll be headed over to Grandma and Papa's house for some peace and quiet! RP is still too little to understand what the Fourth of July really is, but I'm hoping that she is able to stay awake for the fireworks, and I can't wait to see her reaction (hopefully she loves them!).

We have now officially spent four full months at home and things are getting better every day, although I still worry incessantly about attachment. Is she truly attached to me? Does she understand how much I love her? These are truly questions that wake me up in the middle of the night, and I don't know why. This morning when I dropped her off at daycare RP's "teacher" was there so I chatted with her for a few minutes to see how she was doing, and once again got rave reviews. She is eating more everyday she is there, sleeps fantastically, and is more vocal every day. Apparently, though, there are a few times during every day where she starts to cry and call for "Mommy" which just breaks my heart, but I'm trying not to dwell on it and focus on the fact that she is happy and well-adjusted.

No comments: