background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Back to work

Yes, the day I have dreaded for three months has come and I am 80% of the way through it - my first day back at work. The day started VERY early, with me rising at 5:15 a.m. to get ready and getting RP up at 5:45. My droopy little baby could barely keep her eyes open, but I discovered that the benefit to rising her so early is that I don't have to chase her around for 15 minutes trying to get her diaper changed and dressed - she pretty much passes out on the diaper pad and let's me take care of business!

We arrived at daycare about 8 minutes early so we drove around until exactly 6:30 at which time my little RP grabbed her Princess backpack and strolled up to the door like a real big girl! This was short-lived, however, in that 2 minutes later she was crying for me to hold her and hanging on for dear life as I told her "bye-bye" and handed her to the Center Director. THAT was the hardest thing I've had to do yet.

In all the commotion I completely forgot about checking her in, so I called about 30 minutes later to do so and heard that after about 5-10 minutes of crying she jumped down and was busy exploring all the other kids and the Preschool room, so all was well. I have fought the urge all day to call again and check, and now am counting down the minutes until I can leave and go scoop up my little Princess.

I really need to win the lottery, because this sucks.... :(

No comments: