background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Back at work - day 2

Yes, I'm counting the days I've been back at work. Weird, but somehow it helps me get through the day (well, that and the fact that I have turned my desk/workspace into a shrine to my child!), as does counting the hours I've been here (4) and the number of hours I have left until I can leave (4.5).

RP was such a brave little trooper yesterday - she spent almost 11.5 hours at daycare and apparently (from all reports) did REALLY well. She started crying when I got to daycare, probably because she was tired, overwhelmed, and hungry, and she was super excited to put on her coat, grab her Princess backpack, and wheel that thing on out the door, yelling "bye-bye" to everyone she came across along the way. The daycare people LOVE her and tell me everyday how sweet and wonderful she is, which is truly both a blessing and heartbreaking to hear - heartbreaking in that I selfishly want to soak up that sweetness and wonderfulness all to myself! She jumped in the car with me and was beyond excited that we were going to pick up McDonald's for dinner, and seriously chowed down when we got home - she ate more than I did for dinner, and for someone so tiny I'm always in awe of where she puts it all!!! We lingered over dinner, then headed upstairs for a bath, brushing of teeth, and a quick story before the day was over. That said, I think I spent a total of 2 hours and 20 minutes with my child yesterday, and that TRULY breaks my heart...

RP wasn't so eager to get up and get going this morning, but the good news was that she got to go to Grandma and Papa's which meant only a quick diaper change, teeth brushing, and a Flintstone vitamin before we headed out the door so she got to sleep in a little AND she apparently went right back to bed once I left her with Grandma (Mommy was smart and packed her clothes and just took her in her jammies this morning - she looked so comfortable that I was jealous!). She was crabby and clingy, especially when I went to leave her with Grandma this morning, but as of the last e-mail report I received she was playing happily, and most likely getting spoiled rotten, so all is well.

This working Mom thing is going to take some serious adjustment, but I'm trying, and it helps to know that the people who are caring for my child while I am gone are doing such a fantastic job. I miss her like crazy and cherish each moment with her, probably a little bit more than I did last week just because I don't take them for granted now. That being said, I still need to win that lottery...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how hard it is but it makes putting other things into perspective really easy. So the house isn't spotless, I have less me-time, but the time I do have with the kids I make it COUNT! That is what is really important. You're doing great!